Here is a shot of one of the Fairy Tale Genre Elements Crowns our 1st graders made to culminate our study of fairy tales. This little guy liked Goldilocks and the Three Bears the best out of the ones we studied.
Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a restful break. It is great to be back and the kids are really working hard. Research projects are proceeding nicely in 3rd, 4th and 5th grades. The younger grades are working on Washington Children's Choice Picture Book Award nominees, studying different literary concepts such as settings, character traits (both physical and personality) and the like.
I also found out that a grant I wrote on behalf of 2nd grade to take a field trip to the Cashmere Pioneer Museum was a winner, so the whole grade level will get to go, thanks to Target's Field Trip Grant. We will be connecting to the study of pioneers in the library and were awarded funds to buy accompanying books. Fantastic! We love Target!

0 comments:
Post a Comment